Leonard Caillouet

Default Tuner Sensitivity Hitatchi vs toshiba

"Dennis A. Vitali" wrote in message
om...
On my Toshiba CF2052A I can get ch 61 clear without an antenna while
on my Hatachi 35ux70b I lose it w/o antenna and ghosty w antenna, Just
curious if anyone has Tuner Specifications of sensitivity for any one
listed, probably have to chk service manual which I dont own.

You should not expect any set to work properly without an antenna. If you
get something without one on the Toshiba it is by accident, not design, and
is because you have a very strong signal. The ghosting you see with the
antenna on the Hitachi is due to multipath, not due to the set.

It could be that the Toshiba does have a tuner that is more sensitive since
it is more likely to be used with rabbit ears. Increasing sensitivity on a
smaller set might be worth the trade-off.

Leonard Caillouet