Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Beginners Syndrome

On 11/29/2015 5:39 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I have some old drafting pencils. I use regular pencils, knife cuts, and
these.
http://imgur.com/Gub1CJR
The black thing is a sharpener. You put the pencil in and allow it to
circle the center. It's a very fine grit on a metal cylinder, and is
made in Germany. Got all this for $1 at a garage sale about 8 years
ago. I like to use them, they are 2mm , smaller than the rockler, but
they are great.

These are not smaller, Rockler is also 2mm lead, although the pen size
looks thinner. The Rockler "looks" a bit more substantial, and the
sharpener is way smaller, about a square inch in size, and only the lead
goes in the sharping hole. You extend the lead out of the pen a bit to
sharpen it, then extract it back to working length. Otherwise, those
also look like a good mechanical pencil for a wood worker.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com