Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy underground telephone wire????

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 20:53:58 -0600, wrote:

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 18:49:21 -0500,
wrote:

Home Depot has the flooded direct burial phone wire here.

I probably could send you 30' for the price of a medium flat rate
priority mail box. I have a bunch of pieces about that long in the
shed

I may take you up on that. However, I was just taking a wild guess on
the length. I actually measured the wire before. From a marker flag, to
the house is about 32 feet underground, plus I need at least 8 feet to
go up to the wood part of the house (above the foundation walls), as
well as allowing enough for connections. So, I really need about 40
feet. Even then, I'll have to move the connection box, which is
presently 20 feet away, but moving that is minor, since it's just
screwed to the side of the house and I'll have to extend one of the
phone wires that goes to the kitchen. (which is just common indoor type
phone wire). But 40 feet is my minimum need. I still have to find out
about what connectors to use too.

Let me know and I will see what I have. I picked up a lot of short
rolls when my wife was building houses.

BTW you can splice this and use underground if you solder the
connections and use silicone filled shrink tube. I did mine after a
little "backhoe fade" and it is still working fine.