Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Police car headlights

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 20:11:12 -0500, "Kurt V. Ullman"
wrote:

On 11/29/15 7:54 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:40:30 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I think the flashing lights on emergency vehicles have now got too brite. they are dazzaling and now became a hazard of their own......

Tell that to the EMTs when an ambulance rushes you to the emergency
room. Tell them the siren is to loud or when a train horn approaches a
crossing to stop vehicles crossing a railroad crossing. Fire trucks
rushing to save your house?

Or write your local emergency officials and see what they say in the
matter. Tell them you have "feelings" and you are "offended".

FWIW, there is a long line of studies (I wrote about it the first time
when I was still at Firehouse so it had to be before 1990 or so) showing
that the flashing lights tend to draw drunks toward them on the side of
the road. However, for most of the time you are right.

Maybe the drunks are hearing colors, like a siren call?