Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Delta Bandsaw on Craigslist

On 11/29/2015 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/29/15 9:56 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/27/2015 6:05 PM, Meanie wrote:
There is a Delta bandsaw in my area being sol on Craigslist. Model
number is a 28-216. Based on pictures, it appears to be in great shape.

Here's the link
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/5312097657.html

If you can't view or don't want to view the link, the description is
below. The asking price is $595.

Delta model 28-216
14" blade to back post capacity
Made in 2003
1 1/2 hp delta motor
115 / 230 volt wired for 115 currently
includes 6" riser block to allow 12" resaw capacity
Includes Delta mobile base
Includes Delta Rip fence
Made in USA
Very nice condition
A few extra blades included

I believe I know the answer, but, is it worth it?

I would be tempted to look closer. IITC, this model is one of the last
Delta's made in the USA. Might want to do a little research on that.

That, along with the mobile base and riser, certainly make it worth
considering, especially if you can talk down the price a bit.

Don't let anyone **** on your parade if you're looking for an
affordable, used 14" bandsaw. This one, if it is indeed "made in USA",
and with a few tweaks, would likely do whatever the average woodworker
would ask of it.

That's what I was thinking.
It's a 2003 with the riser block and the mobile base.
It also looks brand new, not "did a very thorough job of cleaning up"
like-new.
The guy will probably take $500 for it. In order to get that quality,
new, you're looking at probably $750, without the riser and wheels.

That quality new, new way north of $1500 I would say.