Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Phone number shows on TV screen

On 11/28/2015 10:12 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 5:24:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:

we were watching football
on their tv, and everytime the phone rang, the caller's phone number
appeared on the TV screen. Below the phone number it either said their
location (city or town), or else it showed the name of the cellular
company.

I never knew such a thing existed. How the heck does a phone number end
up on TV? That seems really bizarre.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing?
How does it work?

I've had DirecTV for over 10 years and phone numbers have always
showed up on the screen when the phone rings. It will have the
name or company or show unavailable when it appears.

When I had a phone and cable service through comcast (VOIP/digital) a
few years ago, incoming numbers and caller ID would show on the bottom
of the screen. It really puzzled me the first time I saw it, as it was
a neighbor calling me and I couldn't help but wonder why my neighbor's
name was on my television screen.

Jon