Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Strange hose

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 19:20:10 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:12:05 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/26/2015 02:38 PM, Micky wrote:
Do you think it's important to actually have the hose or can I just
leave the port open? I lost the hose and it was torn at the
connecting end anyhow. What's the purpose of a 2" hose versus
nothing at all?

Float bowl drain so it doesn't run down the side of the engine? Some

If you look at the *bottom* picture of this thing,
http://www.amazon.com/50cc-18mm-Carb...B004J5CJVA#Ask

Both in the unenlarged and enlarged views, you can see the short hose.
There's another black wire behind it, but don't let that confuse you.

The carburetor normally sits so that the brass opening, with the
throttle plate inside, faces forward, and the bottom of the carb, the
bowl, is shown on the bottom of this photograph. It seems to have
some sort of drain, so even though this isn't exactly like mine, maybe
that's how I could drain the carburetor. I'll look with a mirror
tomorrow, even if it's cold.

I'll keep that in mind. Maybe I can eventually have an answer.

sort of vent that would go to a carbon filter in California but

Actually I'm sure I read that these little scooters are not legal in
California because of inadequate air pollution guards. They are
small but if there were 200,000 I guess it would add up.

Yes, I saw that one on Amazon won't ship to Alaska or Hawaii, I guess
because they are too far away, or to California, because of the air
pollution laws, or to Texas, maybe because they have California-style
air pollution laws too!

contributes to global warming in the other 49 states? Those are usually
gas tank vents though.