Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Oh, Gimme A Brake

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 8:41:50 PM UTC-5, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
My daughter is home from college for Thanksgiving. She pulls in the driveway
last night and says "Hi Dad!" (hug hug) "I think the car needs brakes,
could you look at them this weekend?"

So while the girls are inside stuffing the bird, I'll be out in the
driveway doing a 4 wheel brake job, pads and rotors. I want to start it
on Turkey Day in case I run into trouble. That'll give me Friday to
chase more parts if I need them. We have plans for Saturday and she has
to drive back home on Sunday.

I love the holidays! (and my kids)

Well, you could have sent her he

http://tinyurl.com/jpzcrbl

Read the cute sign.

I know your pain Dad. Our 32 year old daughter decided last year to
resign from her position with the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts and go to
graduate school in Boston to get an advanced degree in her field. Guess
who's paying the outrageous tuition, apartment rent and all her other
expenses now?

No matter how long you live or how far you move your children will
always find your wallet. But our kids are worth it.

Jeff

I was chatting with a neighbor about our "kids", who grew up together and are all adults now.

We were commiserating about some of the stuff they've gotten into over the years and I
used the standard exclamation "Kids!"

His response was "Yep, it sure sounded like a good idea at the time." :-)