Leonard G. Caillouet

Default JBL PB12 Subwoofer Amp

Haven't we been through this just recently? This uses the S53AMI module
does it not? This module is available from Harman (JBL). The entire board
may not be available but they are repairable.

Leonard Caillouet

"Rob" wrote in message
The PB12 has a special amp module that is no longer available. Check the
choke on the amp board for signs of burning. You may be able to get

Harman
to replace your sub at no cost due to the parts being, not available.

They
did it once for a customer who needed the amp module, the unit had been
brought in for me to fix. It sounded to me that free replacement was

their
policy on this model. They did replace it with another PB12 and I had to
send the old sub back, but the price was right!
Good Luck
Bob Keller

"Scot" wrote in message
m...
I have a PB12 unit that just keeps blowing fuses every 3 seconds. Can
anyone enlighten me at to what may be the issue? I have heard that
they blow capacitors. It blew up while it was not in use. It was in
stand by mode.

Thx for your help

Scot