Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default LED bulbs not so bad

The dimable bulbs (i.e. Feits from Costco) tend to be large and heavy.
The bulb base has extra electronics to managing the dimming. The
"non-dimable" Philips bulbs (traditional style - not the flat ones)
are much smaller and lighter weight. Depending on the type of dimmer
you have, the non-dimable builbs may still work.

Philips "warm glow" bulbs are the best dimmable LED's I've seen and weigh
less than CREE's non-dimmable bulbs. They're still heavier than a 60W
incandescent bulb, but not by much. I just bought Philips 60W replaceable
"warm glow" bulbs from Home Depot for $8 each.

Sylvania's sunset effect bulbs are fairly light weight too, but I like the
Philips bulbs better.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com