Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Transporting an electric charge using moving oil

Ya, I don't remember much. We used pvc riser tube, about 4 ft tall.
A possible power supply was 12kV, I don't recall, but I know we had
those on the shelf. I think we used a stainless steel bowl as the
accumulator. Sorry can't give you much info.
Mikek

It's a pity that your boss never published the details of the test. Do you recall how you attempted to transfer the charge to the oil, and how fast the oil moved? I'm assuming it was transformer oil you used.

Thanks!

Chris