Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:40:26 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/27/2015 09:21 AM, Micky wrote:
Tautau ATM50-A1 50cc 4-stroke.

I'm hoping if I get it fixed the ATM will work and I can get my money
back.

Cute:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Legal-S.../dp/B00J4TXA5U

But, dammit, there's no Black Friday deal and it isn't covered by Prime
2-day shipping...

People seem happy with it though several mention premium gas is recommended.

IIRC, it's compression ratio is pretty high, yes 10.5:1. I guess that
means it needs premium.

Interesting reviews. Someone said he lived on a really large
cul-de-sac and the 18-wheeler had room to come in. How big do
cul-de-sacs get?

And this one: "The scooter is all put together and now it won't start.
It sounds like it wants to but just will not turn over." If it
doesn't turn over, it won't make any noise at all. A lot of people
misunderstand what turn over means.

And it reminded me, earlier tonight I looked into taking apart and
cleaning the carburetor, if you guys tell me I have to, from the milky
gasoline. But even the warm days have only 5 hours of warmth, and I
have no garage, and even my work bench is full of stuff. But I can
get a whole new carburetor, it seems, for $11. Well, wrong about
that. One page says how to measure the diameter. I think my intake
and output diam. are the same.

Darn, this one is $22. Even this one doesn't look exactly like mine.
This one is $11, but it's somehow for 2-stroke and doesn't look like
what's on there now.
I have to re-adjust my thinking.