Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default LED bulbs not so bad

Don Y wrote:
On 11/27/2015 7:00 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
LEDs are not matured yet. I have a reservation on LED head lights/tail
lights
on new cars. They're like LCD display, narrow view of angle.

That's why you put *optics* in front of them!

We've been very pleased with the LED headlights on our vehicle
(haven't ever been *behind* it to comment on tail lights).
Oncoming vehicles frequently flash their "brights" suggesting
they think *we* have ours on (but we don't).

Turn signals illuminate the overhead signs ("next exit 2 miles").

Time will tell how they fare with our heat...

If you try to see LED tail lights from about 45 deg. angle it is very
hard to see if it's on or off. When I remote start my car from a
distance, it is little difficult to confirm car is started and running.
When driving in blowing snow LED lights seem to glare more. And under
the sheet of thin ice in winter.(maybe because it does not produce some
heat like old lights) Also replacement LED light assembly will cost
more. (can't replace individual element in an array)