Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default LED bulbs not so bad

I've read all the threads on LED light bulbs. Not a lotta good things
to say. Directional, wrong spectrum, etc. Me? I like 'em, so far.

I have a regular shaded lamp with a CFL in it. Takes at least 30-60
secs to come up to full brightness. For reading, I have one of those
flex-neck lamps with a directional hood (like pole lamps). I put a
60W LED bulb in it. I bought the cheapest bulb I could find at
WallyWorld fer $2.58. In a directional hooded lamp, it works great.
Full brightness, instantly. Plenty bright enough fer reading when
bounced off a white wall.

Not that I endorse them, without reservation. I'll be damned if I'll
spend $1K+ fer an LED grow light. Not until they settle on what
spectrums are best fer veg/flowering, first. But, fer a couple bucks,
good enough fer reading.

nb