Nigel

Default Pioneer PD-M601 CD 6 disc player need Help

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
ink.net...
Contrary to another post here, the spindle motor, while a possibility, is
not as common as the other poster says. Older Pioneers suffered from it
more.

Yours is more likely to have a bad flex cable from the pickup to the main
board.

Is it white colored? If so, replace it with the improved type PNP-1343.

Mark Z.

I'd disagree with you that the PD-M601 isn't an 'older' player, given that
the additional check you have suggested - which I fully agree with - was
issued as Pioneer Service Bulletin PGB/148 in November 1992, which also
gives the following information that may be of use to the OP

"The ends of this cable are conductive on ONE SIDE only. With the
conductive side facing you, put a 45 degree crease in the cable about two
inches from the top end. Insert the short end of the cable into CN0102 on
the laser assembly with the conductive side UPWARD. Bend the cable over and
hook it into the PWB holder. Bend the free end over and insert into CN201 on
the main PCB with the conductive side facing the mechanism."

Given that the unit has to come apart, I still see no reason not to test the
spindle motor as well as checking the flex cable.