Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:49:29 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:15:07 -0500, Micky
wrote:

motorscooter starts but will not run

Finally borrowed a battery and working on 50 cc motor scooter.

It doesn't start right away -- kick starting would never work because
of that -- but after maybe the 4th try at 10 to 15 seconds each, it
starts, but then starts to slow down 10 seconds later. Sometimes
stalls right then. Turning the accelerator sometimes makes it speed
back up but then 10 seconds later it slows and stalls.

What's the problem?

A little bit of old gas but a gallon of new gas (which is about half a
tank.)

I'm not sure if ether helps or not. It certainly doesn't start right
away when I use it.

What kind of scooter? 4 stroke or 2?

Tautau ATM50-A1 50cc 4-stroke.

I'm hoping if I get it fixed the ATM will work and I can get my money
back.