Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default charging

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 10:00:12 AM UTC-5, Harry Johnson wrote:
On 11/26/2015 10:59 PM, mike wrote:
Must be awesome to KNOW absolutely everything "beyond a shadow of a doubt."
Drop by and I'll show you a B&D 1A charger that outputs zero volts no load.
I thought it was broke.

I have a 1970's era Heathkit GP-21 that has no-spark charging leads.
Like your B&D, until you apply some voltage of the proper polarity
to the leads, the charging circuit remains off.

I was thinking similar. IDK how anyone can make blanket statements
about all battery chargers. It was certainly true of the old dumb
chargers, that the open circuit voltage would be high, but now with
smarter chargers, who knows what all of them do or don't do.