Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim w Tim w is offline

Default O/T: Ubuntu questions.

On 25/11/15 22:54, David Paste wrote:
Hello all.

I have recently installed Ubuntu 15.10 and after past failed
attempts at adopting Ubuntu, this time it is going very well (I'm
even considering buying an SSD for the machine).

I have some questions though:

[snip questions I can't answer]
Thanks in advance,

David Paste.

I also am testing linux for about the 10th time and I think I am going
to stick with it this time and finally rid myself of Windows. Ubuntu has
got a lot better with each release, while windows is slightly worse.

I am using an acer chromebook off ebay with chrome os replaced by a full
install of ubuntu. An excellent slim, light, portable notebook for a
very low price thanks to a bit of diy. I want to upgrade the SSD drive
(it's only 16Gig) and bought a cheap chinese drive which doesn't work
for reasons I don't understand, so beware.

The chinese SSD is now in a case so I can use it as a 120Gb pen drive
and it seems to work fine like that.

Best wishes,
Tim W