Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lathe Chuck 3 jaw with L 00 mounting

On 2015-11-26, Rhollie
wrote:
Anyone have an idea for a source (cheap and most likely Chinese or
Taiwanese) for a 6" 3 jaw Chuck? Must have the L 00 mounting system
for a
Clausing lathe

Well ... I'm using a 6-1/4" one by Bison on my Clausing. I
bought it from New England Brass and Tool, FWIW, but there are other
sources too. The chuck is one item, the backplate is the other, and
you
fit them to each other

Get the one with two-piece jaws while you are about it. You can
then use soft jaws for special problem jobs.

It is not that cheap, and FWIW it is made in Poland, but I
consider it to be very good.

Enjoy,
DoN.

I have a 5" 3-jaw Bison Set-Tru that rarely needs readjustment.
http://brassandtool.com/Chucks-Lathe.html

http://grizzly.com/search?q=(lathe+O...al+C hucks%22)

-jsw