Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 18:14:26 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/26/2015 05:16 PM, Micky wrote:
The sell a filter for this engine, $5, but I don't think I saw it in
there. Maybe it was just under the tank*** and if that's the case,
any of those three places to disconnect will be good enough for
testing.

With my Sportster, the filter is in the tank itself. You remove the
fitting and the whole assembly comes out. Of course, being in the bottom
of the tank means you wait until the tank is less than half full, remove
it, and prop it up on its side. Or, if you're not too mechanically savvy
you remove the fitting in place and pour a couple of gallons of unleaded
down your leg. Adds character to your jeans like in the old ZZ Top song.

Every time I take the nozzle out of my oil furnace, I pour the oil
that's in the tube connected to the nozzle onto the floor, or my shoe.
Except the last time. After 15 or 20 times, I finally remembered not
to do that.

So I have 14 times to go before i get the scooter gas tank right.

I'm glad you posted. If that's where it is, I wouuldn't have found
it.