Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default OT - Stormin, git yur gun

Per rbowman:

Sometimes I wonder what happened to American creativity when so many
movies and TV series are either remakes of US or European films.

Did you see the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ?

I saw the Swedish version first, then read the book in English, and then
watched the American version in English.

The American version was ok.... but only "Ok"... no comparison to the
Swedish version.

Noomie Rapace *made* the Swedish version - and she speaks perfect,
unaccented English.... so I had to wonder why they did not get her for
the American version..... but even with her in the lead role, the
American version would not have stood up to the Swedish.... It just
lacked the intricacies and nuances that the Swedish version had.
--
Pete Cresswell