Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On 11/26/2015 03:20 PM, Micky wrote:
For some reason I started another thread, where I point out that it
starts every 10 minutes, so I don't think it's a gunked up carb, but
maybe it takes 10 minutes for 30 seconds of fuel to seep through the
filter. It might run on ether too, but of course that either
dissipates or gets burned up in about 15 seconds also.

Pinched line? If you take the gas cap off will it run longer? If there's
no way for the tank to breathe that could cut off flow.

What kind of petcock does it have? I've got a manual on one bike and if
I forget to turn it on I can get about 100 yards before the float bowl
runs dry. Vacuum actuated petcocks can act up too or the vacuum line
could be leaking. Is there a prime position?