Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Strange hose

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:26:39 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/26/2015 4:40 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:38:17 -0500
Micky wrote:

If you found a 1/8" hose connected at one end to the motorscooter
carburetor, but couldn't figure out where the other end went, would
you plug the hose or leave it open?

What if you noticed that the hose was 2 inches long, bent 90 degrees
1/2" from the carbueretor, and cut on one end at a 30^ angle like some
string beans are cut? Change your answer?

What if you found a place with a few motorscooters in stock, mostly
junk and the second one he showed you had a very similar carburetor
with the exact same hose on it, 2", cut like a string bean at the
other end?

Do you think it's important to actually have the hose or can I just
leave the port open? I lost the hose and it was torn at the
connecting end anyhow. What's the purpose of a 2" hose versus
nothing at all?

You cannot get hosed with out it.

It's patriotic. Hose say can you see!

Not sure what the function is. Might be for
pulsajet, or vaccujet. That's what Briggs
and Stratton called a couple of their carbs.

Might be why your scooter starts but won't
run.

Hard to believe but stranger things have happened.