Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:14:29 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:50:34 -0700, Ed wrote:

On 11/26/2015 12:15 PM, Micky wrote:
A little bit of old gas but a gallon of new gas (which is about half a
tank.)

Old gas = gunked up carb

+1 and add a clogged fuel filter = replace it.

I think I remember reading that there was a fuel filter, but I haven't
seen it.

For some reason I started another thread, where I point out that it
starts every 10 minutes, so I don't think it's a gunked up carb, but
maybe it takes 10 minutes for 30 seconds of fuel to seep through the
filter. It might run on ether too, but of course that either
dissipates or gets burned up in about 15 seconds also.

If I had someone to spray while it was running, I coudl see if it ran
longer. I know it's bad for the engine, but another minute total
won't hurt. I have to hold the brake so I can't spray too. If the
engine runs fast enough, the, get this, automatic transmission puts it
in drive so if I don't hold the brake, who knows where it would go?