Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT A10 gun

"Jonno" wrote in message
dennis@home scribbled

On 26/11/2015 10:47, Rod Speed wrote:
Another John wrote
harry wrote

Came across this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_..._VW_Type_1.jpg

Very good Harry! I always knew that the A10
(tank buster) fired "rounds the size of milk bottles"

Never seen any 30mm milk bottles.

(and at about 4000rpm), but I really hadn't
envisaged the size of the mechanism!

I can't help thinking that the world would be a much better place
(though
less interesting for me) if the American arms industry didn't exist
:-(

Could have been rather more 'interesting' for you if the krauts had
prevailed.

The Americans didn't win WW2 despite Hollywood.
The Russians did more than the USA by a long stretch.

Thank **** the yanks did get involved, otherwise we'd have
been facing the Russians over the channel for 30 odd years.

That wouldn't have happened if the yanks hadn't got involved.
The krauts would have done over the russians if the yanks had
not got involved very early on before Pearl Harbour.