Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT - Stormin, git yur gun

On 11/26/2015 07:37 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
The most difficult for me are from certain areas in India.

Areas or social classes.... I'm not sure which...

AFIK, English is the official language of India and people from India
know in their hearts that they speak perfect English....

The idea after independence was to make Hindi the official language and
phase out English in 20 years. However less than half the country speaks
a language related to Hindi so they're officially bilingual.

I don't know if it's completely accurate but I'm reading a book about
the Scandinavian countries where the author state if you go to a
convention or meeting with Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Finns, and
Icelanders the Finns and Icelanders group together and converse in
English while the other three muddle along in their mostly mutually
intelligible languages.