Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default stain now or later

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:48:08 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 11/26/15 12:18 PM, krw wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:42:19 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 11/26/15 10:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 11/26/2015 10:18 AM, krw wrote:
I stain parts that will be difficult to stain after assembly, inset
corners and inset panels for example. I often leave the easier outer
surfaces unstained until after the clamps come off for good.

I think Leon meant

I stain _before_; the parts that will be difficult to stain after
assembly.

No, he's right, though the language may be ambiguous to some. The
parts that will be difficult to stain after assembly, he stains before
assembly.

If I had put a comma between stain and after it would be totally wrong.

So! I stain before assembly if parts are going to be difficult to
stain after assembly.

Thank you all for you skrew'nee. ;~)

The wrong punctuation, but at least you used some.

How so? His punctuation looked fine to me (though perhaps his comma
could have been a hyphen).

It was a joke. His sentence is substantially easier to read than
certain posters who refuse to use any punctuation at all.

I got the joke (it was something to do with cauls, right?) but thought
you had a punctuation point, too. ;-)