Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Stormin, git yur gun

On 11/25/2015 4:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/25/2015 12:11 PM, Muggles wrote:
I can identify! My hearing loss means that I can't hear the beginnings
and endings of many words. I may be able to hear a portion of the word
and then unconsciously read the persons lips and fill in the blanks and
understand most of what is being said, but there's been times I quoted
back to someone what I thought they said and it was so far from what
they actually said that we both just had to have a good laugh over it.

I take business calls from a company. The woman (who
has been sending me calls) phones, and I can make out
about 1/4 of what she says. I read back to her what
I thought she said, and ask her fill in the rest.

One call last week, I had a question. I carfully
typed an email, and sent it off. About thirty
seconds later, the phone rings. I answer. Can't
hardly tell what she is saying. Some thing about
a phone call being more personal. Yah, and also
maddeningly frustrating when I have to try five
times to (audio) hear what I could (visual) read
on the screen. And I think and process information
visually. So, I end up writing down what she said,
and then reading it for my brain to comprehend
what it took five tries for her to say.

Look, silly. I sent you an email. That means I want
the reply by email, got it now?

I like email. When that doesn't work and I can't get people to
enunciate and talk clearly, I tell them "I can hear you talking but
can't understand what you're saying!"

--
Maggie