Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Ubuntu questions.

Hello all.

I have recently installed Ubuntu 15.10 and after past failed
attempts at adopting Ubuntu, this time it is going very well (I'm
even considering buying an SSD for the machine).

I have some questions though:

In the System Monitor, under the Resources tab, the second
display down is "Memory and Swap History". I understand that
Memory is displaying the amount of RAM being used, but why does
it slowly increase when using Firefox? Even when just one tab is
open.

What is Swap?

If you could reply in the simplest way possible, I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance,

David Paste.