Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Stormin, git yur gun

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 12:26:07 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I can identify! My hearing loss means that I can't hear the beginnings
and endings of many words. I may be able to hear a portion of the word
and then unconsciously read the persons lips and fill in the blanks and
understand most of what is being said, but there's been times I quoted
back to someone what I thought they said and it was so far from what
they actually said that we both just had to have a good laugh over it.

Getting older you can use it to your advantage, telling folks that your
hearing, memory and vision aren't what they used to be and they will
have to repeat something or help you.

The same mistakes can happen when you are much younger but then you have
no good excuse.

Many years ago I developed "selective hearing". When women are
talking, they think they are communicating :-)