Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonardo Capossio Leonardo Capossio is offline

Default Fender Frontman 212R Volume 80% down problem

El miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015, 14:24:18 (UTC-3), escribió:
If there are ultrasonic frequencies being amplified, you wont hear them. But... they will cause the amp to work really hard and generate more heat than usual. This could cause the amp to shutdown due to the heat. Other than using a scope, there is no way to confirm this.

Dan

If there are ultrasonic frequencies (which I cannot measure), then what could cause this ? Where might they be generated ?

The amp is shutting down via the PT100 circuit, that should also do some temperature drift compensation. If I bypass this compensation, would the amp sound very bad ?