Michael Fiedler

Default Magnavox CCR190AT03 (Funai)

I am working on a 19" Magnavox TV/VCR combination. At first the set
would shut off as soon as it turned on. I replaced a number of bad
capacitors (ESR) and then the set had a high pitched oscillation and
no picture. I then found that the HOT was shorted, so I replaced it.
When I first turned the TV on after replacing it, the picture was
extremely bright, and then it went into broken dashed oscillations
across all of the scan lines; then the picture went black. I had
sound throughout this process. The HOT is still good, but the voltage
reading is 176 volts, which I believe, is shutting down the High
Voltage. Since I am working without a schematic, I am kind of flying
blind. I do believe the flyback is good. I have seen a couple of
other posts on these beasts. Can anyone out there provide me with
potential things to look at and/or voltage readings to check? Or
maybe someone has seen the same problem and has THE solution?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike