Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Electro Pak Heating ??

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 11/25/2015 8:34 AM, trader_4 wrote:
The listing shows wood for heat. I'm guessing the
item in question is electric heat. Extremely expensive
to operate. Hope you like buying and stacking wood,
and tending the wood burner many times a day.

That would be my guess too. A way of saying electric heat without
really saying it because people know it's expensive to operate.

Roof top units for HVAC are some times called
gas pack, if the fuel source is NG or propane.

It looks to me like they are using somethng like an on demand electric water
heater instead of a boiler for hot water heating of the house. I guess that
it is a very expensice heat such as electric baseboard heat would be in a
cold area of the country.

Around here the gas pack is natural gas (guess it could be propane) for the
heat and central air. All of this outside. While some could be on the
roof, many around this area are on the ground and outside the house..

In the neighbor hood I lived in about 10 years ago the houses had natural
gas heat with the furnace under the house. I had air condition added on to
the heating system. Some put in gas packs as their heating systems got old
and started giving trouble. I moved, but may have put in a heatpump. Only
problem was the houses were built around 1965 and did not have very much
insulation in the walls, or attic . I think the attic had about 3 inches of
that cut up paper type insulation when they were built. Enegery was cheap
then. No problem to add up top, but difficult for the walls.