Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideas wanted for removing dried-on blood stains from linen

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 01:05:19 +0000, Phil Addison wrote:

Like it says "Ideas wanted for removing dried-on blood stains from
linen". I tried a couple of days soaking in diluted Persil, then a 60C
wash in the machine. Still there. The spots are quite small, around
1/4inch dia.

Then I tried an Oxalic Acid Dihydrate solution which had no effect.

While I'm here, my daughter has red wine stains on her wedding dress
which cleaner shops tell her is impossible to remove. Presumably they
mean without bleaching out the dress colour.

I've always soaked in a cold salty solution. Then wash normally.