Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Comment on this TIG welder, please

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:22:18 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 00:39:14 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/5328865747.html

Tim's wondering if he wants to invest as much as $7/800 in a welder
and you offer up a bunch of $1,200-2k listings? Interesting.

Well, screw welders. I want one of these babies, + several dozen
crates of ammo, please. Christmas looms!
http://www.gizmag.com/dtv-shredder-j...ary-ugv/18990/
Would't those be a blast to ride, guys?

I also offered up the URL of the best Craigslist search engine Ive
ever found. The list of machines I posted was done in less than 5
minutes. It also showed that cheap machines are hard to find, even on
Craigslist. There was (1) (old) $500 Miller on Ebay..but it will
need the torch, cooler, pedal etc etc...bringing the price up
considerably.

If the suitcase welders are what he can afford/need, Id suggest he
find one with the best reviews and buy it.

However..I would...would further suggest he do a Craigslist search
engine search in his area for a few weeks and see what turns up. And
do NOT be afraid to call the seller and haggle, particularly for
machines that have been up for 6 or more days. As the economy slows
down yet again....Im seeing more "hobby stuff" appearing on Craigslist
and very reasonable prices.

Set a deadline of say..1 month..and hit the ads regularly and
hard...if you dont fine a lincoln or miller at his price range..then
jump on one of the Chicom Inverter suitcase machines. By all
reports..they are decent enough for the price. Just remember...if
they break..there is ZERO repair sources for them ,generally that dont
involve big shipping costs both ways.