Curmudgeon

Default RCA tv- anyone have an answer?

It could be a 10 cent fuse (and it kinda sounds like that type of
failure)...but the only way to know for sure is to take it in.

"Marlene Blanshay" wrote in message
We have an RCA color 25", bought about 1996- model F35652BL. It's never
given us any real trouble, but suddenly this afternoon it just DIED! My
boyfriend was watching, and it just turned off, no power, and we couldn't
turn it on again.

Tech support suggested unplugging and then plugging in again after an hour
or so, which we did, and NOTHING.IT's mystifying, since it gave no
indication of any problems. The people at RCA said it could have been a
power surge or interruption, but we didn't notice anything just before.

Has anyone ever had this happen, with this model or one like it? Seven
years is not a very long life for a tv. Was anyone able to get it
restarted without repair? I fear repair will cost a fortune, because we
get home service (it's rather heavy to shlep around).

Anyone who has any advice, whatever, post here or even email me!