Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default Ping Oren

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:43:21 -0800
Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

Uncle Monster explained on 11/23/2015 :
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:54:37 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/23/2015 11:46 PM, LVetter wrote:
Maggie wrote:

Silly question ... can you feel the knew hip socket? Does it
feel unnatural, or do you just not have any more pain and can't
feel anything out of the ordinary?

Not a silly question at all.

The new hips feel very natural and I don't feel the socket at
all. No more pain whatsoever. Initially there will be some
tenderness (of course) and stiffness. I was off all pain
medications within 6 days after surgery (both hips).

There are different brands of new hips. My surgeon uses only
Johnson and Johnson brand. He does around 25 hip replacements a
month and he's been doing it for quite a while, so I figure he
knows what works best. He also used a ceramic upper socket which
he said will last around 10 years longer than other types of
upper sockets. He told me I should be good to go with the new
hips for probably around 30 years.

The key to recovery is to do the excercises that are prescribed.
They are not difficult and only take 15 to 20 minutes to do. My
surgeon told me that walking is the most important of all the
exercises, and in my experience he was absolutely correct.

If you are having chronic pain, you should seriously consider hip
replacement. Be sure you "shop around" for a surgeon that has
solid experience with hip replacement. I made sure to find a
very experienced surgeon. I may have to do a knee in the next
year or two, and I'll be sure to seek out the same surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Loren

Thanks for the info. I think I'm a few years out from needing a
new hip. Right now pain isn't so bad the majority of the time. It
hurts mostly at night when I'm trying to sleep which makes it hard
to get a good nights sleep. They tell me it's just bursitis, and
I don't know if that gets worse enough to even need a hip
replacement or not. But, the thought's crossed my mind a time or
two that it might be something I'll have to have done in a few
years. --
Maggie

You can always grow medical marijuana in your greenhouse. My doctor
pal recommended I try it but I've never smoked anything. Besides
it's still quite illegal around here. I wish it was in pill form so
I could try something to help with the pain I'm in. ¯\(°_o)/¯

[8~{} Uncle Pain Monster

It IS in pill form, as well as a liquid and small pastry size. A
relative sells the THC products and is a user for pain relief. I
tried the liquid once and decided it was NOT for Me!

Well lookie he jenn and david brooks (Devon) little errand boi!!