Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Oren

On 11/24/2015 12:12 AM, LVetter wrote:
Maggie wrote:

(some snipped)

Thanks for the info. I think I'm a few years out from needing a new
hip. Right now pain isn't so bad the majority of the time. It hurts
mostly at night when I'm trying to sleep which makes it hard to get a
good nights sleep. They tell me it's just bursitis, and I don't know if
that gets worse enough to even need a hip replacement or not. But, the
thought's crossed my mind a time or two that it might be something I'll
have to have done in a few years.

You're very welcome. I hope you're able to do something to alleviate
the pain. I know from experience what you're going through at night.
Trying to sleep through the pain just plain sucks. I used to use an
inverter before bedtime and that helped a little (I hung upside-down on
the inverter). That pulled the bones apart a little and lessened the
pain just a bit until I put weight back on the hips in the morning when
I got up. It still hurt, just not quite as much. Advil helped too. I
don't know, though, if an inverter would help with bursitis...I don't
know enough about bursitis.

Sometimes heat or a massage on the hop and upper thigh helps, and
sometimes an ice pack helps. Pain killers or muscle relaxers help, but
only for about 4 hours and then I wake up from the pain again.

--
Maggie