Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Ping Oren

On 11/23/2015 7:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:05:59 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 11/23/2015 5:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:15:00 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:03:26 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

How is the bride doing? Enjoy being nurse Ratchet?

She is doing well. Came home Saturday with a new hip joint. Starting
to return to her ornery self. She has a home nurse come over to change
bandages. In a few minutes, the physical therapist will arrive.

I have to inject her with medicine to prevent blood clots and she acts
like a wuss. (I get a little revenge :-)

Thanks for asking.

Good news! Injections should be low on the Pain-O-Meter after what she's
been through. Watch for unusual bleeding or bruising.

After the new hip, she says she has no pain and no need for pain meds.
She is tough though. The physical therapist left awhile ago. No signs
of problems.

Everything is great. They used some kind of "super glue" on her
incision; even after previous scar tissue was removed from a previous
hip surgery. No sutures or staples.

I bought her ice cream

Going through the same thing with my wife's knee replacement done 2
weeks ago. Therapist came in first week and I took her to one today.
Therapists and doctor say she is doing great but she does not tell me that.

They did not prescribe Lovenox and only aspirin. I was prepped to do
the injections as I had done them for myself and it was two shots a day
then.

Staples removed last week but she needs the meds. I hate opiates myself
as its like my bowels are bound up in cement. She has no such problem.

I have a funny story in that first day therapist was due, I went out for
an hour but told her I would be back an hour before she came but wife
insisted I leave front door unlocked with a note to the therapist.

I did this but spelled therapist, "theripist". My sign said:

THERIPIST COME IN
SHE'S UPSTAIRS

Therapist told me my spelling was wrong, so I corrected it.
After looking it at in my odd block printing where the "R" was somewhat
bigger I told the therapist that I'd leave up the note but keep the door
locked as it might be misconstrued as:

THE RAPIST COME IN
SHE'S UPSTAIRS

G Hope your wife does well. While waiting at recovery area, I felt
bad for a lady, they would not let her see her husband after a knee
replacement. I guess he was doing bad at the time. She was difficult
to be around (not really), talking out loud at the digital display for
updates.

I had had enough waiting so I had a nurse take to me the recovery room
to see my wife. "She's in number 11." Okay, I go there. The woman
looked like my wife or could be her sister. I thought to myself,
"what did they do to her hair color?" She was in and out of it. I
kissed her on the forehead. Called her by name, she says no, that's
not me! I apologized numerous times. She thanked for the kiss
anyway. My wife was in number 12. What a hoot.

That's funny. I'll have to tell it to my wife.

My wife was a bit upset before the surgery when the doc came in and
started to mark the wrong knee before she corrected him. They did not
have a room ready for her after the first hour recovery which was easy
because they did it with a spinal.

Knee surgery is tougher and recovery is tougher. She said she will not
get the other one done but when we were in the hospital there were two
people getting their second knees from our doctor.