Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Comment on this TIG welder, please

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:20:23 -0800, rangerssuck wrote:

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 2:08:06 AM UTC-5, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 23:01:53 -0500, Steve W. wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:
This is probably going to stay on my wish list for a good long time,
but I've been lusting after TIG welding capabilities for a while
now.

Nearly all the projects that I have in mind at the momet involve
welding .03" to .06" aluminum sheet to itself and to 1/8" or 3/16"
bosses, so it looks like this thing is heavy-duty enough.

So, is it a good buy?

http://www.eastwood.com/tig-welders-...dc-welder.html

I think it's a "custom" Longevity unit.

A comparison video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oISSe0Itq7U

Thanks for the video link -- it's very helpful.

--

Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com

And in that video, he really seems to like the AHP more. I plan on
buying one of those very soon (hopefully before the end of this year).
for an extra $50, I think you get a lot more. AND, you can buy it from
Amazon, which gives you another layer of protection.

Yes, he really sold me on the AHP.

I've got to decide if I can really justify the $800 to myself, because I
don't need a welder very often -- but when I do I really need it, and
there's some stuff that I just can't make at the moment because I don't
have one.

--
www.wescottdesign.com