Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default AAA auto club

On 11/21/2015 10:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 9:23:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/21/2015 8:22 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

A few hours later, I drove by his shop and it was there. I assume the "priority call" meant
someone was on the side of the road as opposed to in a parking lot, so they won. I could
have complained, but I let it go.

Complain? If you were broke down on a busy highway with 3 kids in the
car and they told you we have to tow some guy's junker from storage to a
shop first, what would you think then?

Jump to conclusions much?

I could have complained that they should have more contractors available, not that they
took a "priority call" first. In addition AAA did not know the "junker" status of my car,
only that the brakes weren't working. Do you really think I gave them all the details related
to the status of the vehicle? All they need to know is what is wrong so they can tell the
tow truck driver what to expect as far as the condition of the vehicle. No brakes. Period.

FWIW, I (and you) do not know what their definition of a "priority call" means. For all we know, the only contractor available for my area (yes, that was what I was told) was simply closer to the
other vehicle and told AAA he was going to do that call first. For all we know, the original
dispatcher got it wrong and there was no way anyone was getting to me in an hour in the
first place. A "priority call" doesn't automatically mean 3 kids stranded on a highway.

Yet you were still considering complaining. After sitting for a very
long time that extra hour sure could make a difference. Got it.