Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default AAA auto club

On 11/21/2015 1:36 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:21:06 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Got a new car a couple of months ago. Yes, a stack of manuals that took
me a week to get through Pleasure to drive with all the goodies though.
Adaptive cruise control is really nifty.

Can you decide how far behind the next car you are?

I normally follow 2 or 3 times what the "rules" say, one car length
for each 10 mph. Will it do that?

Yes, it can be set as you want and maintains it incredibly well even as
the speed changes. If you slow down to 30, then 20, then come to a stop
it will bring you closer and stop you at a normal distance.

First time I used it I was on a highway and was going to exit to another
highway. I was following a car at 75 mph and he slowed on the ramp as
it curved and accelerated a bit and slowed for the next curve and then
accelerated back to 75. All I had to do was steer. I followed at a
safe distance from 75 to 30 to 45 to 30 and finally back to 75.

The speed you set is the max, but it will slow you right to 0 if the car
in front stops.