Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Where to get replacement central heating radiator valve knobs?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:43:45 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Monday, December 3, 2012 at 10:20:26 PM UTC, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Geo
writes
On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 17:44:39 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

snip
The instructions for the Radcaps caps are a bit strange,

agreed

I also note that the cap has a 8mm x 5mm slot. I suppose that this might
be OK for a 1/4" square spindle - although it would be gripped only on
the two opposing 5mm sides - and as 5mm = only 0.196", it would
certainly be a pretty firm grip (possibly guaranteed to crack hard
plastic).

These show "assorted spindle drivers" but are dearer than complete
valves.
http://www.inest.co.uk/products/Orac...placement_Radi
ator_Cap.asp

Dearer indeed. You can nearly get a new radiator for what they are
charging!

Thanks to all for the advice and information, but it looks like I've got
myself a nice, gentle Christmas project, repairing and tarting up the
old knobs one by one.
--
Ian

I know what you mean. How can it be so difficult to find these things?

That "Oracstar" product looks identical to the Wilco branded product a
bought in Wikinsons that I mentioned in this thread three years ago(!)
The Wilkinsons price was nothing like that of course.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%