Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default AAA auto club

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:06:26 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Around five years ago when I had to change a tire, it took me 90
minutes. By the time I was done, I thought I would have to call 911. My
back was hurting so bad I had to lay down for 5 days to get over it.
It's gotten worse since then. It was on a dirt road, and I had to use
two jacks and a big rock to get it high enough to change the tire. The
car has new tires all around, but it's getting old and I don't want to

I always have a breaker bar with the proper socket for my lug nuts, in
the car. I also carry some wood blocks in the car. And, a 30" piece of
inch and a half diameter steel pipe. If a lug nut wont come off, the
steel pipe on the breaker bar will usually get it off. If a jack dont go
high enough, a wooden block will help (of course you should make sure
the jack goes high enough, BEFORE you need it). And wooden blocks are
also helpful for blocking the car on a hill, when you jack it up.

Those so called "Lug Wrenches" are too flimsy for stuck lug nuts. They
will bend and flex, which means that NOT all your applied force is going
to use on the nut.

I learned all these things the HARD WAY!!!

(And dont forget to check the air in your spare tire at least twice a
year).