Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default AAA auto club

On 11/21/2015 1:36 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:21:06 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Got a new car a couple of months ago. Yes, a stack of manuals that took
me a week to get through Pleasure to drive with all the goodies though.
Adaptive cruise control is really nifty.

Can you decide how far behind the next car you are?

I normally follow 2 or 3 times what the "rules" say, one car length
for each 10 mph. Will it do that?

The rule now is the "three second rule".

That is the time it takes for your car to reach the point where the car
ahead has just passed.

Here in Delaware the law calls for 4 seconds.

Never heard anyone getting arrested for breaking it.

A while back and under cover Elsmere cop van was tailgating my wife so
she sped up to increase the distance and cop turned on siren, pulled it
over and ticketed her for speeding.

She was too sheepish to tell me as she had a previous speeding ticket
elswhere.

Wish I had known as I'd have fought it.

I drive the speed limit on our back roads. If you want me to speed up,
you'll have to push me.