Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Dimitrij Klingbeil Dimitrij Klingbeil is offline

Default LCR meter recommendations?

On 21.11.2015 02:24, Cursitor Doom wrote:
I'm looking to acquire a new LCR meter to replace the old bridges
I've been formerly using, which can be a bit cumbersome. Can anyone
recommend one from personal experience?

I've been using an "LCR700" for a while now.

http://overseas.sanwa-meter.co.jp/it...ail.php?id=333

Frequencies: 100, 120 Hz, 1, 10, 100 kHz

Works well so far, can resolve single-digit milliohms ESR too (although
for such low values one really needs to run the self-calibration just
before making the measurement). Has limits at very high capacitances in
the tens of thousands microfarads (where it can only measure ESR but not
the capacitance itself). Battery life is ok, but not stellar. I would
recommend taking the battery out of the meter when it's kept in storage
for longer periods of time (and also to use rechargeable batteries).

Unfortunately quite expensive at official Sanwa overseas distributors,
but at much more reasonable prices in online shops in Japan (even with
package forwarder fees, import duties and taxes still basically 2/3 of
the official distributor price here).

Regards
Dimitrij