Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default How to connect a door bell transformer to the mains?

I've always fancied one of those mechanical door bells you used to see in
UpstairsDownstairs with brass plungers and bits of string and pulleys and
stuff. I wonder if anyone makes them?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 20/11/2015 20:49, Michael Chare wrote:
How would you connect a door bell transformer to the mains?

I would use one or more slender, stringlike pieces or filaments of
relatively rigid or flexible metal, circular in section, woven or twisted
together and insulated with a dielectric material.

Bill