Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default AAA auto club

On 11/20/2015 6:10 PM, rumpole wrote:

Has anyone in west Texas had any luck with AAA auto club?
I'm getting to the age where I'm considering joining in case something
happens when I'm away from home.

Twenty years ago I was a member for several years until I was stranded
in a blizzard and needed to be towed out. They acted like they couldn't
care less. I finally hung up and managed to get pulled out by a good
Samaritan, after that I canceled my account.
Before I try again I thought I'd ask.

No personal experience but I know three people that belong to AAA and
have had good results when called. Blizzards tend to stress towing
companies so consider that in your decision.

I've not joined as my past four cars came with coverage. Used it once
when I cut a tire sidewall. Had to wait 30 minutes, but I did not have
to change a tire in the rain on a cold December night.