Dr Hugh M. Aye

Default Colour problem with Panasonic TX-28LD1/M television

Hi again...

The TV repair guy came by from the local Panasonic Service Agent earlier
today, unfortunately when I was out...was expecting him later. My mother
was in, and the guy's diagnosis was that the tube is dead...he apparently
went into a whole spiel about how the tube on this model of Panasonic TV
just sparks out and dies instantly rather than gradually
deteriorating...which is pretty impressive, considering that it's been going
along quite happily for over a year now!

Anyway, he says the only thing to do is replace the tube, but he took the TV
away to have it "re-focussed". It'll be back towards the end of the week.

Just wondering what you guys make of the diagnosis...am I wrong for feeling
a little sceptical? I don't think I'd have let him take the set away if I'd
been home...I'm not sure what good refocusing a tube that should apparently
be dead would do anyway...

Many thanks,

Dr Aye.