Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:39:34 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:47:17 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:04:52 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I use verizon pre paid. they charge a couple bucks per call for 411. up till a week ago it worked great. live operator helps a lot.

verizon changed to a automated attendant 411 service. it tries to use your voice to find the number, after like 5 or 6 failed attempts it connects you to a operator.

now i called and tried to complain about the change. verizon claiims its a contractor and they have no control.

yeah sure.... another verizon cost cutting effort. they care nothing at all about customer satisfction.........

And they just emailed me and others that they're going to throw away
my email if I don't read it for 6 months, even if I'm paying the
monthly fee.

Then they had nerve enough to end the email "Thank you for being a
loyal customer."

anyhow i am going to change from verizon to whoever has a live human operator..

i like my flip phone, its hard to damage, 15 bucks to replace, and verizon has the best network around here.

but the lack of customer service is appalying

That's why you use a real e-mail client and download your emai; off
the server. Once it is on your computer, it is YOURS.

That's what i do but I didn't go into detail about my objection.

I guess none of them have ever been sick for six months or a year,
perhaps even unconscious, and unable to read his email. I find
their new policy obnoxious. As long as people are paying their
monthly charge to Verizon, Verizon should retain their email.

Plus their statement that they won't send a warning message is
arrogant almost beyond belief. The gas and the electric companies
will send a warning message to a third party before cutting off
service, and they do that for people who don't pay at all. Verizon
says it will delete the email of people who pay but don't read their
email.

One can need gas and electric for heat, to live, and other things
almost as essential, but otoh, they can be reconnected a day later.
Verizon says the email it throws away will be gone irretrievably.

And their closing line "Many thanks for being a loyal customer." is as
phony as anything I've ever read. If they want to thank loyal
customers, don't throw away their email.

Here is their customer service email address but it doesn't seem to
accept emails:
https://www.verizon.com/support/resi...t-us/index.htm the
best I can do right now, and it's important to write right away.
Actually, I haven't made it work yet -- I can only find chat,
community forum, telephone, commonly asked questions, and a postal
mail address. I'm sure they've intentionally not given an email
address. If I tell someone via chat or on the telephone, all my
objections will be reduced to "Against new policy" and I'll be lucky
if which policy I'm against is recorded. If you can find a better
address, please let us know.

I hope to find a better address, but it might be better to write to
the tv, print, or even web news. It seems to me this level of
corporate arrogance is news-worthy. They will look like selfish,
self-centered jackasses when the rest of the country hears about this.
A TV show like Inside Edition will love this sort of thing.